Core Salon is owned and operated by designer and visionary Michelle Parkes. Michelle brings over 20 years' experience with her and an impressive resume of collaborative efforts with the biggest names in the business. As a National Educator and Platform Artist for Paul Brown Hawaii, Michelle has several years of experience in re-texturing and taming curly hair. Michelle can individualize the process for any hair type including the specialized care and style of all ranges of curly hair.
Michelle has also had advanced training with industry innovators such as Paul Brown, Phillip Wilson, Jo Blackwell, Patrick McIvor, to name a few. This training has helped Michelle grow as a stylist and also be able to give her guests looks that you see in fashion magazines. Michelle is a true artist when it comes to hair color, whether you are looking for a natural look with depth and shine or a bold look with multi-dimensional hues. Michelle can customize your color to enhance your cut and style.
Michelle has contributed to the development of educational forums, runway events, beauty expos, and photo-shoots. Through these experience's Michelle has found a new love and passion which has inspired her to create the "Michelle Parkes Hair" brand. Michelle worked behind the scenes of New York Fashion Week two times in a row styling with the Nioxin Design Team and the Sebastian Professional Design Team for designers Korto Momulo and Christian Siriano, both of Project Runway. Michelle has designed looks for Elle Madrona's International Fashionistas "East Meets West" and "Taste of Glamour" fashion shows which gave Michelle the amazing opportunity of styling celebrity models. It was this experience that brought Michelle together with actress Amanda Greer for future projects that they now are collaborating on. Michelle has also done hair for a Photo shoot for Miss Bulgaria USA, Sylviya Teseva, and hair for a music video for female recording artist Chioma.
- 2010 and 2011 Paul Brown Hawaii Main Stage Artist Emiliani Beauty Expo
- 2012 worked on the Wounded Warrior Project doing make overs for the Wounded Warrior Ball at the Waldorf NYC
- 2013 Model Call for NAHA with Paul Brown
- 2013 worked side by side with Paul Brown styling hair for his Master Stylist entry for NAHA (North American Hairstyling Awards)
- 2013 New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer Collection; styling hair back stage with the Nioxin Design Team for Project Runway winner Korto Momulo
- 2014 New York Fashion Week Fall/ Winter Collection; styling hair backstage with the Sebastian Design Team for Project Runway winner Christian Siriano
- 2014 Teamed with Photographer Sal Fiduccia (SA Fiduccia Photography) on a photo shoot for Miss Bulgaria USA, Silviya Taseva http:/silviyataseva.com
- 2014 Styled hair for a music video for female recording artist Chioma chiomainternational.com
- April 2014 Lead stylist for International Fashionista's "East Meets West" Fashion Show at EVR New York City internationalfashionistas.com
- May 2014 Lead Stylist for International Fashionistas "Taste of Glamour" Fashion Show at Pepela in New York City internationalfashionistas.com
- Currently working on upcoming projects with actress Amanda Greer theamandagreer.com