Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
Winter can be brutal on your hair. Between the dry heat indoors and the frigid winds outside, your hair can easily become a static prone, dry, frizzy mess. If you’ve resolved to hide under a hat until spring, we’re here to help. Here are some tips to help keep your hair healthy and looking great all winter long.
Deep Condition to Replenish Moisture
The dry air conditions, inside and out, rob moisture from your hair. To prevent further damage and repair the damage that’s already been done you need to replenish that moisture. You can accomplish this with a weekly deep conditioning treatment. Your stylist can recommend a product that is well suited to your particular hair type to give your hair the moisture and nutrients it needs to stay healthy. With moisture restored you will have soft, supple strands again with less static and flyaways.
Schedule a Trim
Having your hair trimmed regularly is vital to maintaining the health of your hair, no matter the season. However, it is especially important in winter to keep up with trims. The dry and cold conditions result in hair that is more brittle and prone to breakage and split ends. If you keep those damage ends trimmed away, your hair will be smoother and healthier looking.
Use a Thermal Protectant to Guard Against Heat Styling Damage
You don’t want to go out into the cold with your hair wet, but you don’t want to dry it out and damage it further with the blow dryer. So what’s a person to do? Apply a salon-quality thermal protectant before blow drying or heat styling to seal in moisture and protect your hair. Remember, it’s easier to prevent damage than to repair it.
Our professional stylists at Core Salon will keep your hair trimmed and recommend products to help keep your hair looking its best throughout the season. Call us today for an appointment at 973.537.0229, or you can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph. If you prefer to manage appointments from your mobile device you can download our free app from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz