The Modern Perm
If there’s one thing we know for certain, it’s that trends never truly die. Just look at the current obsession with fanny packs and scrunchies, for instance! I mean, hello! (Insert my best Clueless impression here.) Showing up on the radar this year is a style that’s making a pretty big comeback: the perm. *Gasp*, no, not your run-of-the-mill Steel Magnolias “hair to God” perm! The new perm comes with a modern twist that is truly worthy of the following it has developed this year.
With less focus on volume than the 1980’s version, the modern perm can produce the type of care-free beachy waves we all have been slaving over creating on our own for a few years now. The best part? This treatment seriously cuts down on your prep time. You can literally wash and go while still having major style.
The end result of your modern perm will begin with the size of the rods you choose, as well as the rod placement. Your stylist is an expert at this, so don’t worry if you’re not sure what to ask for! Just be sure to communicate how you want your perm to look, and bring a few pics to help your stylist see your vision. To achieve those beachy waves that are all the rage, your stylist will choose larger rods and start the curl further down the hair shaft.
In addition to a more modern look, the treatment itself has also improved by focusing on rebuilding the hair conditioning throughout the process. This results in a softer feel to the hair that you actually want to run your fingers through. Not all hair types should get a perm, though. If your hair is significantly processed (like super platinum blonde hair) you may not want to add another process to the mix. Your best bet is to start with a consultation with your stylist to make sure your hair is in tip-top shape. Healthy hair will tolerate the treatment with no issues, and investing in a good conditioner will help keep your hair looking and feeling great even after your perm.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to try out the modern perm? The team here at Core Salon is ready to help you achieve the hair of your dreams. We are committed to making your salon experience as unique and memorable as you are. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph or give us a call at 973.537.0229. If you prefer, use our online booking tool, or our mobile app to instantly make the appointment that best suits your schedule. Download the app for free on iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz