Summer Hair Care Guide
As summer approaches, it’s a good time to talk about summer hair care. This is a unique season in hair maintenance, because we tend to spend more time outdoors. From the increase in humidity causing frizzy hair, the water from pools and the beach drying it out, and the strong summer sun fading your color, we have a lot stacking up against our hair. Most of us can’t go running to the salon every time our hair misbehaves, so today we’ll talk about our top tips for summer hair care.
Cover up. Wear a scarf or hat to cover your head when you spend lots of time outdoors. Not only will this provide extra UV protection, it will also help your scalp to retain important moisture. A hat can reduce the damage caused by wind and protect your hair color as well.
Style loosely. Loose, messy braids are a great way to keep your hair under control while minimizing sun exposure. Braiding or styling too tightly can pull and tear your hair, especially if it’s already dry from the summer heat.
Limit washing. Washing your hair too often can strip your scalp of its natural oils, which actually causes excess oil production and makes you think you need to wash it even more. This can become a never-ending cycle that will cause hair to look oily while also becoming dry. No thanks! Try going longer between washes, and use a good dry shampoo in between to keep your hair looking fresh.
Protect from chlorine. This is essential, especially if you have blonde hair. Chlorine can cause blondes to turn a shade of green that you probably didn’t bargain for. To avoid this and other issues, rinse your hair with fresh water before jumping into the pool. Your hair will soak it up and leave less room for the chemical-laden pool water. After your swim, shampoo and condition as soon as possible to ensure the chemicals don’t sit on the hair for too long.
If you need some additional TLC for your hair this summer, allow us at Core Salon to help you find the products that will benefit your the most. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph, or give us a call at 973.537.0229. If you prefer, use our online booking tool, or our mobile app to instantly make the appointment that best suits your schedule. Download the app for free from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz