Prevent Summer Fade to Keep Your Color Longer
When you finally find that perfect hair color, you want it to last as long as possible. That can be a challenge, especially in the summer months. Many summer activities expose your hair to conditions that drain your color. There are some things you can do to minimize the color loss and keep your color longer.
Wash Less Often
Every time you wash your hair the hot water and shampoo open the cuticle of your hair slightly to allow the removal of dirt and excess oils. In the process a little of your hair color goes down the drain with all the dirt. It is usually not noticeable right away, but over time your color will fade. The more often you shampoo, the faster it will fade. Most people only need to shampoo their hair two to three times per week. You can keep your hair fresh between shampoos with a bit of dry shampoo.
Protect Your Hair from the Sun
You apply sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage, but how much thought do you give to your hair? Not only can the sun damage your hair, it can also fade your color. You can help protect your hair and your color with a sunscreen formulated for color treated hair. Wearing a wide brimmed hat will offer your hair the most protection.
Trim Your Hair Regularly
Damaged and split ends have a difficult time holding onto color and fade much faster than healthy hair. By keeping your ends trimmed you remove those damaged and faded ends to keep your color looking brighter.
If your color could use a boost come see us at Core Salon. Our colorists take pride in helping you achieve the color you want and keep it looking great for as long as possible. Contact us at 973.537.0229 today to schedule your appointment. You will find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph. Download our free app from iTunes or Google Play to schedule appointments from your phone.
- Curls Are in for Fall and Will Make Styling a Breeze
- Gorgeous Bridal Hairstyles for Fall Weddings
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyebrow Shape
- Fun Haircolor Options for Men
- Hot Trends for Summer Hair Color
- Prevent Summer Fade to Keep Your Color Longer
- Refresh Your Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz