New Year's Resolutions for Healthier Hair in 2021
The beginning of a new year is a chance to start with a fresh slate, a chance to form new habits to improve our lives. The problem is that we often make too many resolutions only to find that we simply can’t implement them all. This year, keep it simple and focus on only one or two areas to improve. To get you started, here are some New Year’s resolutions you can make for healthier hair in 2021.
Commit to Weekly Treatments
You know your hair needs deep conditioning treatments, but life gets busy and you don’t always take the time to make that happen. To keep yourself on track, choose the day of the week that works best for you and block off 15-20 minutes at the end of the day on your calendar to show your tresses that extra loving care.
Visit The Salon Frequently
One of the most important things you can do to keep your hair healthy and strong is to see your stylist every 6-8 weeks for a trim. Scheduling your appointments ahead of time will make sure you have time reserved for this very important task and keep you from putting it off too long when your schedule gets a little crazy.
Take the No/Low Heat Challenge
Heat styling is very harsh on your hair. Heat damages the keratin and collagen that keep your hair smooth and strong as well as completely zaps moisture. To give your hair a break, take the no heat challenge. Wash your hair in the evenings and allow it to air dry instead of blow-drying every morning, and use pin curls and braids instead of a curling iron. Go one step farther and reduce the temperature in the shower as well. Perhaps you’re not quite ready to give up your flat iron for good? Just try it for a week and see where you stand. It helps to choose styles that work with your natural texture rather than fighting against nature. If you simply can’t give up the heat, use a thermal protectant, and use the lowest heat setting possible. Try to use a no-heat style a couple of times per week to give your tresses a break.
Come see the stylists at Core Salon for a trim or new haircut to get started off on the right foot, and then resolve to make little changes that will make a big impact on the health of your hair in the new year ahead. Give us a call at 973.537.0229 today. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph. Download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play to manage appointments on the go.
- Irresistible Autumn Hair Colors
- Trendy New Haircuts to Update Your Look for Fall
- Trendy Bridal Hairstyles for Late Summer Weddings
- 6 Midsummer Hair Care Tips for Soft Manageable Tresses
- The Season's Top Fun Hair Color Trends
- Go Blonde for the Summer at Core Salon
- Getting The Most From Your New Haircut
- Sassy Short Summer Haircuts for Girls
- Cool Summer Styles for The Little Men in Your Life
- Gorgeous Spring Balayage Trends You're Sure to Love
- Get Amazing Results With Professional Blowouts
- Appreciate the Benefits of Facial Waxing at Core Salon
- Jump into Spring with Hair Extensions
- Repair Your Dry Winter Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Enjoy Our Men’s Upscale Barber Experience at Core Salon
- Hair Trends to Start 2021 with Attitude
- Deep Conditioning Treatments Smooth Out Winter Frizz
- New Year's Resolutions for Healthier Hair in 2021
- Look Fabulous in a Flash with These Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Foods That Promote Super Shiny Hair
- Get Silky Straight Strands with Permanent Thermal Hair Straightening
- Warm Autumn Colors Take You From Fall Into the Holidays
- Curls Are in for Fall and Will Make Styling a Breeze
- Gorgeous Bridal Hairstyles for Fall Weddings
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyebrow Shape
- Fun Haircolor Options for Men
- Hot Trends for Summer Hair Color
- Prevent Summer Fade to Keep Your Color Longer
- Refresh Your Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz