Men’s Cuts for Summer
Listen up, guys! Summer is well on the way, and it’s about time you got an updated cut to take you through this next season. Men’s summer haircuts are all about looking good and staying cool, which usually means less hair. To help you get an idea of a new style that might work for you, here’s a few of our favorite cuts that should easily fit the bill for great summer hair. Check it out, then give us a call to schedule your appointment today!
Buzz cut. If you’re looking to go low-maintenance, this is just about as easy as it can possibly get! The most summer-friendly cut on this list, it is pretty much impossible to overheat with this style because the hair is cut close to the head and will not trap the heat. Consider adding a high fade or an on-trend hair design for added interest.
Summer undercut. If you’ve been wearing your hair longer all winter and aren’t quite ready to get rid of it all just because the beaches have opened, try out the summer undercut. The sides are cut really short, the length on top is kept, but there is no fade. The definition of an undercut is the dramatic difference between the top and the sides. The short sides will keep you cool in the heat, and the length on top will offer a variety of styling choices, from messy to slicked back. If you let the sides grow through the summer, you’ll be almost back to the length you were before September.
High and tight. This well-known cut is perhaps the most versatile on the list. Even if you already have this style, you can optimize it for hot weather by going a little shorter on the sides than you would in the winter. Go down to the smallest clipper setting at the base, but not so close that you can see skin. Then, make sure the top is about two inches and ask your stylists to add texture with scissors so you can change the look at will. Clay will give it a messy look, pomade can shape it into whatever you want, and gel can make a slick, classic part. Simply add your product to towel-dried hair and you’re all set for the day!
Short pomp. Pompadours, the iconic cut made popular by the likes of Elvis and Morrissey, can take a bit of styling work, but you can get that same vibe this summer without running the risk of your hair deflating. It’s called the short pomp, and it’s literally just a shorter version of the classic. Think of this as a high and tight with a bit more hair in the front. You need that length in front to be able to comb it back over the rest and get what I call the front bump. Use a medium weight pomade to keep the hold all day, then finish with some hairspray and you’re good to go.
Here at Core Salon, we can offer you all of these haircuts and more! Even if you’re not exactly sure which look you want, we can help you decide. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph, or give us a call at 973.537.0229. If you prefer, use our online booking tool, or our mobile app to instantly make the appointment that best suits your schedule. Download the app for free from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz