Ladies, Put Down The Box!
We know how it is, you’re ready for a new ‘do and you just have to have it now! Before you act on your impulses and reach for that box of color that’s calling your name from the shelves of your local drugstore, please consider these very real reasons why that is absolutely not the best idea! Here at Core Salon, we care about the health of your hair and we don’t want you to end up doing something you might regret. Honestly, that $10 box of color won’t look so attractive once you end up needing a serious color correction appointment. Do yourself - and your hair - a favor and pay attention!
Reason #1: One size does NOT fit all! Think about this for a second: box color is formulated so anyone and everyone can use it. But, is everyone’s hair the same texture, type, or condition? We know better than that! To compensate, most box colors are laden with the maximum amount of pigment and ammonia. This can wreak havoc on the health of your hair and increases the likelihood of an allergic reaction. Your stylists’ education and experience allow them to customize your color treatment to your hair. No box color can accomplish what a good stylist can.
Reason #2: Matte and flat? No, thank you! While matte might look great on nail polish or makeup, it is not the look we want with our hair color. The missing link here is dimension. Box color contains one formula that you apply to your entire head, which leaves you with one flat boring color all over. In stark contrast, your professional colorist will use a variety of techniques, placements, and formulas to give you a vibrant look that’s anything but flat.
Reason #3: When it comes to hair color, orange is not the new black! Orange is pretty certainly what you’re going to end up with if you try to lighten at home. We know, we know, you want that fun unicorn or mermaid hair, right? Please know this: lightening without the experience and knowledge of a professional is by far the most damaging thing you can do to your hair. Bring your dream color to your stylist and allow us to achieve one of these gorgeous looks for you in the least damaging way possible. Trust us, we know what we’re doing!
Have we convinced you to leave the hair coloring to the professionals? Come see us at Core Salon, where we are committed to making your salon experience as unique and memorable as you are. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph, or give us a call at 973.537.0229. If you prefer, use our online booking tool, or our mobile app to instantly make the appointment that best suits your schedule. Download the app for free from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz