Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
If you’re anything like us, you’ll agree that stepping out of the salon with a fresh new hair color is one of the best feelings ever! Am I right? You want it to stay that vibrant and gorgeous forever, but during the summer chlorine, salt water and the sun can dull that color right out of your locks. It doesn’t have to be that way, though! Check out our tips for keeping your color fresh all summer long.
Keep your hair out of the pool! Swimming is an absolute must in the summer, but a dip in the pool can cause you to lose your color vibrance. Chlorine is a bleach, which means it will strip the color from your hair. Blonde hair may turn green and other colors can become dull and lose highlights. Pull your hair up into a bun if you want to lounge in the pool, or if you’re planning on getting your hair wet, soak it in clear water first. Because hair is porous, a quick shower or rinse beforehand allows your hair to soak up clean water and less chlorine water. When your swim is over, wash your hair with professional shampoo that protects color right away to remove any residual pool chemicals.
Protect your hair from the sun! We get it - when it’s a beautiful day out, you want to spend your time outside. However, too much time in the sun can damage your hair and lead to discoloration and dryness. To save your tresses, wear a hat or go out in the mornings or evenings when the sun is less intense. UV rays are the strongest between 10 am and 4 pm, so be especially mindful of hair protection during these hours.
Use the proper shampoo and conditioner! We mentioned it a bit already, but it’s worth stating again. Using a shampoo and conditioner that is specifically formulated for color treated hair is a must. Every color has products specifically designed to keep it fresh. If you’re a redhead, use sulfate-free products. If you’re a blonde, purple shampoos and conditioners will remove green tinges. During your color appointment, ask your stylist for product recommendations that will extend the life of your color, especially during the summer.
Don’t be afraid to achieve your perfect color this summer! The team here at Core Salon is ready to help you get, and keep, the results you want. We are committed to making your salon experience as unique and memorable as you are. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph, or give us a call at 973.537.0229. If you prefer, use our online booking tool, or our mobile app to instantly make the appointment that best suits your schedule. Download the app for free on iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz