Keep Your Color Longer
Whether you have vibrant red, chestnut brown, platinum blonde, or any shade of hair color in between, your color treated hair needs a little extra attention if you’re wanting that hot new color to last. To help you out, we’ve rounded up a few of our top tips to keep your color looking vibrant and your hair looking healthy, especially during the winter season.
Wash less. When you color your hair, the outer layer of the cuticle is opened to make it possible for the color to penetrate the hair shaft. If you wash your hair too soon after your appointment, this layer might still be open which will lead to the color being washed right back out. Because it can take up to three days for the cuticle layer to fully close, we suggest you wait at least that long to shampoo for the first time after your treatment. In addition to this initial waiting period, extending the time between regular washes will help you avoid stripping the natural oils from your hair and maintain that vibrant color. We recommend using a good dry shampoo in between regular washes to help keep your hair looking fresh.
Use high quality products. Your stylist is an expert in hair care and should be your first source of information regarding quality products specific to your needs. We have a wide selection of professional hair care systems specifically formulated for color maintenance, and we are happy to make recommendations based on your hair type and needs.
Turn down the heat. While nothing compares to a nice hot shower, especially when it’s cold out, it is not good for your hair color. To prevent stripping your color, try shampooing with warm water and rinsing your conditioner out with cold. The warm water will allow the shampoo to penetrate the hair shaft just enough to cleanse it, and the cool rinse afterward will help seal in the moisture from your conditioner. We also recommend limiting your use of heat styling tools as much as possible, and when you do use heat to style begin with a heat protectant to help prevent damage and soften the hair.
Keep up with your regular trims. Dead ends won’t hold color and fade faster than healthy hair, so be sure to keep up with regular trims (we recommend every 6-8 weeks) to keep your color looking fresh from root to tips.
Is your hair in need of a little extra TLC? Come see us at Core Salon, where we have the tools and expertise to help you address all your hair care concerns. We are committed to making your salon experience as unique and memorable as you are. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph, or give us a call at 973.537.0229. If you prefer, use our online booking tool, or our mobile app to instantly make the appointment that best suits your schedule. Download the app for free from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz