How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
We’ve all been there. You tell your stylist what you want and then end up with something entirely different than you expected. We tend to blame it on the stylist, but chances are they did exactly what you asked them to do. Communication is key in getting the haircut or color that you want.
Be Very Specific
If you have a particular color or style in mind, be very specific in describing it. The better visual picture you paint for your stylist, the easier it will be for them to create the look you want. Don’t just tell them to take a couple of inches off. Your idea of what a couple inches will look like may be very different from how it will actually look. Use your hands to show them exactly where you want your hair to fall.
Bring a Picture
If you can find a picture of the style or color you want, or one that is very similar, bring it with you. This is especially important if you are not familiar with hairstyle lingo. If the picture isn’t exactly what you want, you can tell your stylist what you like and dislike about it so that they can customize the look to suit you. Do you like the layers but want a little more length? Do you adore the color but would prefer more highlights? Don’t be afraid to speak up and say so.
Make Sure Your Expectations Are Realistic
Your stylist is a talented professional, but they are not a magician. Your hair may not be the same thickness or texture as the person in the picture. So, even though your stylist cuts your hair exactly as you wanted, it may not look exactly like you expected. Ask questions before the first snip of the scissors to be sure that the style you’ve chosen will suit your features as well as your hair type. And to avoid disappointment, don’t go in expecting an exact copy of the picture you brought in. No two people have hair that is exactly the same.
Give us a call today at 973.537.0229 to reserve an appointment at Core Salon. Our team of talented stylists is ready to work with you to achieve the hairstyle you’ve been wanting. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph. If you prefer to manage appointments from your mobile device, download our free app from iTunes or Google Play
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz