Hair Trends to Start 2021 with Attitude
If you’ve been in a rut in 2020 and are looking for a change, consider a new hairstyle. At Core Salon, we understand that you may not have been able to get into the salon as much as you wanted over the holidays, but now’s a good time to start looking forward. Our professional stylists can help you choose a new look that suits your needs, lifestyle, and personality.
Here are some of the trends were are seeing so far this year to help inspire you.
Timeless Bob. This is a cut that never goes out of style and is an easy hairstyle to transition from work to play to romance. Typically it’s a cut straight across at chin length. However, it’s a great cut to customize for you. Whether you have waves, curls, or straight hair, the bob is easy to make your own. You can even change it up with an asymmetrical cut to give a unique style that is all your own.
Blunt Lob. If you love the look of the bob but want it a little longer, the lob is a great choice for you. A lob – or a long bob – is a shoulder-length cut that’s a blunt, straight cut. It’s a perfect choice for either straight or curly hair and gives you the freedom to put it up, do a half-do, or leave it down. You can go from business to casual by simply starting with a sleek look and then throwing it up into a messy bun or a fun pony at the end of the day.
Excessive Shag. The shag was quite trendy in 2020 and this year is no exception. In fact, it’s become even more so with even more layers and a more defined “mullet” shaped cut. This year is all about the layers, which goes a long way in giving your hair dimension and volume. It’s a bold statement all by itself and we will see a lot of versions of this layered shag in 2021.
Long Layers. As we’ve just said, it’s all about the layers this year. Long layers give a flowing, romantic style with plenty of options. You can go heavy on the volume, highlight waves and curls, or enjoy cascading wisps of layers to frame your face with an updo. If you have thick, heavy hair, adding layers can take some weight off while giving your hair a soft movement.
Gorgeous Bangs. A top trend of 2021 is face-framing bangs. We are seeing a throwback from the 60s with a straight-across cut, delicate tendrils, dramatic curtain bangs, or softly layered bangs. The possibilities are endless and your Core Salon stylist can help you choose which bang is best for your look.
Come see the stylists at Core Salon for a new look in the new year. Give us a call at 973.537.0229 today. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph. Download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play to manage appointments on the go.
- Enjoy Our Men’s Upscale Barber Experience at Core Salon
- Hair Trends to Start 2021 with Attitude
- Deep Conditioning Treatments Smooth Out Winter Frizz
- New Year's Resolutions for Healthier Hair in 2021
- Look Fabulous in a Flash with These Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Foods That Promote Super Shiny Hair
- Get Silky Straight Strands with Permanent Thermal Hair Straightening
- Warm Autumn Colors Take You From Fall Into the Holidays
- Curls Are in for Fall and Will Make Styling a Breeze
- Gorgeous Bridal Hairstyles for Fall Weddings
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyebrow Shape
- Fun Haircolor Options for Men
- Hot Trends for Summer Hair Color
- Prevent Summer Fade to Keep Your Color Longer
- Refresh Your Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz