Getting The Most From Your New Haircut
Summer is a busy time with so much on our lists to do. When our schedules get a bit hectic one of the first places we cut corners is with our self-care routine. It can be difficult to balance all that we need and want to do and still make time to keep our hair looking great. We’ve put together a list of a few pro tips that can help you make the most of your time by helping you get the most from your new haircut.
Make a Plan
If you’re coming up on a particularly busy time it’s good to have a plan in place. So just before you head out of town for that long vacation get a fresh new cut. You might want to take it just a little shorter than you typically would just to extend the length of time between haircuts and help lighten your schedule a little bit. After all, it’s better to have your hair just a bit too short now than to find yourself in desperate need of a trim while you're out of town and away from your trusted stylist.
Treat Hair Gently
If you’re trying to extend the time between haircuts, it’s crucial to take very good care of your hair. Sometimes this can mean washing it less often. Shampooing strips natural oils that nourish and protect your hair from damage which leaves your hair more prone to breakage and split ends. By shampooing less often you can keep damage at bay a little longer. You can keep up hygiene by rinsing away sweat with a cool shower and a bit of conditioner, or you might want to give dry shampoo a try to freshen up between shampoos.
Don’t Skimp on Conditioner
While you don’t want to weigh your hair down, you do want to keep it well moisturized, especially if your next trim is going to be delayed. Be sure not to skip the conditioner and coat the tips of your hair well to keep them in their best condition to avoid split ends.
Turn Down the Heat
There’s no way around it. Heat styling damages your hair. If you’re trimming your hair regularly this damage is trimmed away before it can cause a problem. But if you’re going to be away from the salon on an extended vacation, no heat styles are the way to go. For those times when heat styling is a must, be sure to apply a thermal protectant.
By planning ahead and devoting just a little time and effort to taking extra good care of your hair you can extend the life of your new cut when life gets busy or your plans take you too far from the salon to make it in for a trim on time. Give us a call today at 973.537.0229 and come see the expert stylists at Core Salon for a fresh new cut before your life gets too hectic to make it in. Download our free app from iTunes or Google Play to schedule an appointment easily from your phone. We can’t wait to see you at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph.
- The Season's Top Fun Hair Color Trends
- Go Blonde for the Summer at Core Salon
- Getting The Most From Your New Haircut
- Sassy Short Summer Haircuts for Girls
- Cool Summer Styles for The Little Men in Your Life
- Gorgeous Spring Balayage Trends You're Sure to Love
- Get Amazing Results With Professional Blowouts
- Appreciate the Benefits of Facial Waxing at Core Salon
- Jump into Spring with Hair Extensions
- Repair Your Dry Winter Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Enjoy Our Men’s Upscale Barber Experience at Core Salon
- Hair Trends to Start 2021 with Attitude
- Deep Conditioning Treatments Smooth Out Winter Frizz
- New Year's Resolutions for Healthier Hair in 2021
- Look Fabulous in a Flash with These Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Foods That Promote Super Shiny Hair
- Get Silky Straight Strands with Permanent Thermal Hair Straightening
- Warm Autumn Colors Take You From Fall Into the Holidays
- Curls Are in for Fall and Will Make Styling a Breeze
- Gorgeous Bridal Hairstyles for Fall Weddings
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyebrow Shape
- Fun Haircolor Options for Men
- Hot Trends for Summer Hair Color
- Prevent Summer Fade to Keep Your Color Longer
- Refresh Your Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz