Game Changing Hair Care Tips
When it comes to proper hair care, there seems to be no end to the list of “rules” we’re supposed to follow: don’t skip trims, don’t use too much heat, etc, etc. We know it can be hard to keep up with all these “rules”, so today we decided to open the vault and let you in on a few of our trade secrets. We like to think of these tips as game changers, and we hope you find them as handy as we do!
Pretty much everyone knows that dry shampoo is a girl’s best friend, but did you know that pairing your dry shampoo with a hair dryer will make a huge difference? It’s true! Next time you use your favorite dry shampoo, try blasting it out with your hair dryer and we swear you’ll never look back.
Next time you head for the gym, try applying a hair mask before leaving the house. Sound crazy? It’s not! The heat from your workout will allow the mask to penetrate deeper into the hair shaft, and the mask itself will keep the salt from your sweat from drying out your hair! Winning! When you get home, you’ll only have to rinse and style!
When you get out of the shower, you may have the tendency to allow your hair to air dry a bit before styling. While we usually advocate for this practice, we do have one caveat: this is a no-go for bangs! If you sport bangs you should try to style them ASAP for the most flawless results.
There are plenty of ways to hold a curling iron, but if you want to avoid the Farrah Fawcett look, make sure you hold yours horizontally instead of vertically. It may seem strange, but it’s the secret to the coveted Victoria’s Secret waves we all covet so much!
If you’ve got a big event or your hair is feeling particularly unruly, style it the night before! Wash and blow-dry your hair then loosely braid or twist into a top knot. After sleeping on it, it will be less likely to frizz with a natural looking wave.
Do you want to learn even more awesome tricks of the trade? Our professional stylists at Core Salon are always willing to help educate you on your own hair care at home. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph, or give us a call at 973.537.0229. If you prefer, use our online booking tool, or our mobile app to instantly make the appointment that best suits your schedule. Download the app for free from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz