Foods That Promote Super Shiny Hair
When it comes to maintaining healthy shiny hair, there are a few things you can do. Schedule a haircut every six to eight weeks to trim away split ends. Use high-quality hair care products that are formulated for your hair type. And last but not least, eat a healthy diet. That’s right. What you eat has a big impact on the health of your tresses. The secret to super shiny strands just might be on your dinner plate. Here are some foods that will help ensure a sleek, strong mane.
Fish such as mackerel and salmon provide protein, the building blocks for hair, as well as omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that strengthen the hair follicles and promote shiny hair.
Eggs are rich in biotin and protein. Biotin is a key component in the production of keratin. Your hair is made mostly of keratin so this nutrient is essential to luminous strands.
Lean Meats & Poultry
Red meats are thought of as diet don’ts, but a couple of servings of lean meat or poultry per week provide excellent protein as well as other essential vitamins and minerals needed for lustrous locks.
Lentils and other pulses are a vegetarian’s choice for protein, iron, and folic acid to support healthy hair growth. Be sure to include seeds and nuts in your diet to get your omegas as well to boost your shine.
Yes, green leafy vegetables are actually good for your hair. They provide vitamins A and C, folic acid, and zinc as well as natural collagen and other hair nourishing nutrients.
Fresh Fruits and Veggies
There are a variety of fruits and veggies that provide vitamins and minerals necessary for healthy hair growth. So be sure to get the recommended 5-9 servings per day, and try to choose various colors to make sure you’re taking in a wide range of nutrients.
Giving your hair the nutrients it needs from the inside out is the best way to achieve that smooth glossy shine that everyone wants. Schedule an appointment for a haircut at Core Salon to remove any dull or damaged ends. Then incorporate some hair nourishing foods, and you’ll soon notice your hair getting stronger and developing a healthy sheen. Give us a call at 973.537.0229 today. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph. Download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play to manage appointments on the go.
- Irresistible Autumn Hair Colors
- Trendy New Haircuts to Update Your Look for Fall
- Trendy Bridal Hairstyles for Late Summer Weddings
- 6 Midsummer Hair Care Tips for Soft Manageable Tresses
- The Season's Top Fun Hair Color Trends
- Go Blonde for the Summer at Core Salon
- Getting The Most From Your New Haircut
- Sassy Short Summer Haircuts for Girls
- Cool Summer Styles for The Little Men in Your Life
- Gorgeous Spring Balayage Trends You're Sure to Love
- Get Amazing Results With Professional Blowouts
- Appreciate the Benefits of Facial Waxing at Core Salon
- Jump into Spring with Hair Extensions
- Repair Your Dry Winter Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Enjoy Our Men’s Upscale Barber Experience at Core Salon
- Hair Trends to Start 2021 with Attitude
- Deep Conditioning Treatments Smooth Out Winter Frizz
- New Year's Resolutions for Healthier Hair in 2021
- Look Fabulous in a Flash with These Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Foods That Promote Super Shiny Hair
- Get Silky Straight Strands with Permanent Thermal Hair Straightening
- Warm Autumn Colors Take You From Fall Into the Holidays
- Curls Are in for Fall and Will Make Styling a Breeze
- Gorgeous Bridal Hairstyles for Fall Weddings
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyebrow Shape
- Fun Haircolor Options for Men
- Hot Trends for Summer Hair Color
- Prevent Summer Fade to Keep Your Color Longer
- Refresh Your Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz