Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
One question we are asked often is, are balayage and ombre the same thing? They are not the same and it can be easy to mix up the two and ask for the wrong thing, leading to a hair coloring technique that looks different than what you had in mind. Today we will share the differences with you.
The Ombre Style
Ombre is a style. Ombre is the French word for shade. It denotes shaded tones making a gradual transition from a lighter shade to a darker one. The darker shade starts at the roots and slowly fades to a lighter shade at the tips. Ombre is similar to color blocking except that there is a more natural-looking transition between the colors with ombre versus the stark lines between the colors with color blocking. This style works wonderfully with brunette hair. Sombre is a more subtle version and is a better choice for blondes and redheads.
The Balayage Technique
Balayage is the technique to achieve a beautiful natural looking ombre style. Balayage in French means to sweep or sweeping, which perfectly describes this hair coloring technique. When your stylist applies the color for your balayage they sweep the color through small sections of your hair giving it a natural transition to a lighter shade at the bottom. The roots and top are left darker to create a more natural look and add more dimension to your hair. The balayage technique results in a natural sun-kissed look with subtle highlights throughout the hair. This technique would be nearly impossible to do well on your own, so leave it to the experts.
If you are looking for the best in balayage or ombre, reserve your appointment today at Core Salon. Our professional stylists will use the latest techniques to give you the style of your dreams. You can find us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph, or give us a call at 973.537.0229. Or download our free app from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play to manage appointments on the go.
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz