6 Midsummer Hair Care Tips for Soft Manageable Tresses
Summer takes a toll on your tresses. You start out the season with perfectly healthy hair, but with pool chemicals, salt water, sun damage, and humidity by midsummer your lovely locks may be in need of a little TLC. Here are 6 professional hair care tips to whip your hair back into shape and finish out the summer with a soft manageable mane.
#1- Remove the Damage
Damaged, dry, and split ends reduce your shine, increase frizz, and leave your locks looking dull and lifeless. So the first step will be to visit your favorite Core stylist for a midseason trim.
#2- Deep Condition Regularly
A weekly or bi-weekly salon deep conditioning treatment is a great way to help snap your hair out of a midsummer funk. It will replenish depleted nutrients and moisture while protecting from future damage as you continue to enjoy the gorgeous summer weather.
#3- Prevent Sun Damage
UV rays are just as bad for hair as they are for your skin. Be sure to wear a wide-brimmed hat for extended time outdoors, and make it a habit to apply a sunscreen product designed for your hair before heading out the door.
#4- Condition Before Swimming
Hair is absorbent. If you don’t want your hair absorbing pool chemicals or saltwater, saturate them before taking a dip. Slathering your strands with a leave-in conditioner before swimming will minimize exposure to harmful things in the water. And don’t forget to rinse with cool fresh water afterward to remove anything damaging on the surface.
#5- Update Your Products and Routine
Most people shampoo more often in the warmer months to keep their hair free of sweat and grime, but when you shampoo you are also stripping your hair of its natural oils. Change out your shampoo for a moisturizing clarifying formula and only shampoo a couple of times per week to keep your hair soft, clean, and free from buildup. Freshen up between shampoos by doing a co-wash. Wet your hair and apply your favorite moisturizing conditioner. Gently scrub your hair and scalp and rinse, to remove any dirt and sweat while nourishing your hair instead of stripping it.
#6- Avoid Heat
There’s no way around it- heat damages your hair. Give your hair a break from the heat by opting for a no-heat hairstyle several times per week. When you must heat style, apply a thermal protectant first and use the lowest heat setting possible. Take it a step further by washing and rinsing with cool water in the shower.
If your hair is in need of a bit of professional help, come see the hair care experts at Core Salon. We’ll assess your hair’s condition and determine just what it needs to restore it to beauty. Call us today at 973.537.0229 or download our free app from iTunes or Google Play to reserve your appointment. We’ll see you soon at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph.
- Irresistible Autumn Hair Colors
- Trendy New Haircuts to Update Your Look for Fall
- Trendy Bridal Hairstyles for Late Summer Weddings
- 6 Midsummer Hair Care Tips for Soft Manageable Tresses
- The Season's Top Fun Hair Color Trends
- Go Blonde for the Summer at Core Salon
- Getting The Most From Your New Haircut
- Sassy Short Summer Haircuts for Girls
- Cool Summer Styles for The Little Men in Your Life
- Gorgeous Spring Balayage Trends You're Sure to Love
- Get Amazing Results With Professional Blowouts
- Appreciate the Benefits of Facial Waxing at Core Salon
- Jump into Spring with Hair Extensions
- Repair Your Dry Winter Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Enjoy Our Men’s Upscale Barber Experience at Core Salon
- Hair Trends to Start 2021 with Attitude
- Deep Conditioning Treatments Smooth Out Winter Frizz
- New Year's Resolutions for Healthier Hair in 2021
- Look Fabulous in a Flash with These Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Foods That Promote Super Shiny Hair
- Get Silky Straight Strands with Permanent Thermal Hair Straightening
- Warm Autumn Colors Take You From Fall Into the Holidays
- Curls Are in for Fall and Will Make Styling a Breeze
- Gorgeous Bridal Hairstyles for Fall Weddings
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyebrow Shape
- Fun Haircolor Options for Men
- Hot Trends for Summer Hair Color
- Prevent Summer Fade to Keep Your Color Longer
- Refresh Your Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz