4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
If it’s been a while since you’ve been to the salon, you are probably wondering what to do about those roots. The good news is that the rooted look is in right now, so if your color is just a few shades lighter than your natural hair, you don’t need to do anything. You’re already in the height of fashion. But, if your natural color is lighter, gray, or the color difference is more dramatic, grown out roots may look a bit odd. Here are 4 quick hair hacks that will help you hide those roots until you can get to the salon for professional hair color help.
Change Your Part
When you part your hair exactly the same every day, over time the roots flatten out. Lying flat makes them more noticeable. A new part will have more volume at the roots, and the added lift will help camouflage. If you just can’t bear to part it differently, blow dry the roots of your part in the opposite direction you want them to lay to gain that lift and volume. Another trick is to use the tip of a rattail comb to zigzag about 2-3 inches wide through the hair at the part from back to front. Once you get to the forehead, separate the hair to each side and smooth it out. Your roots will be completely hidden.
Apply Dry Shampoo
For darker roots, try applying some dry shampoo, only don’t brush it all out. The white powder will help give the roots a lighter appearance and make them less noticeable. The added bonus is that you won’t have to shampoo as often.
Grab a Root Concealer
Root concealer sprays come in a variety of colors and are so easy to use. Just spray it on, and it will last until your next shampoo. It’s a much safer option than trying to dye your roots yourself.
Try a Beachy Vibe
Beachy waves and texture draw attention away from dark roots. If you have natural waves all you need is a bit of salt spray. Apply to towel-dried hair and scrunch. For hair without natural curl, apply volumizing mousse to the roots and dry with a diffuser to create lift. Then use a large bore curling iron to create loose waves. Spritz with salt spray and tousle for that beachy vibe. Create your own DIY salt spray by adding 1 cup warm water, 1 tsp sea salt, and ½ tsp liquid coconut or argan oil to a spray bottle. Shake to combine and apply.
The colorists at Core Salon take pride in helping keep your color gorgeous. Give us a call when we reopen at 973.537.0229 to reserve an appointment or come see us at 477 Route 10 in East Randolph. Download our free app from iTunes or Google Play to schedule appointments from your phone.
- Curls Are in for Fall and Will Make Styling a Breeze
- Gorgeous Bridal Hairstyles for Fall Weddings
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyebrow Shape
- Fun Haircolor Options for Men
- Hot Trends for Summer Hair Color
- Prevent Summer Fade to Keep Your Color Longer
- Refresh Your Scalp with Microdermabrasion
- Frizz Proof Your Hair This Summer with Cezanne
- Transform Your Hair Instantly with Hair Extensions
- Sweet Summer Haircuts for Little Girls
- How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Color
- 4 Quick Hair Hacks for Hiding Roots
- No-Cut Hairstyles to Try Right Now
- Bridal Services - Look Gorgeous on Your Special Day
- Go Green at the Salon with Refillable Shampoo & Conditioner
- How to Get the Hairstyle You Really Want
- Unexpected Benefits of Facial Waxing
- Wonderful Winter Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
- Balayage and Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Update Your Style with a New Look for the New Year
- Holiday Updos for Gorgeous Hair
- Fall And Winter Hair Colors To Fall In Love With
- Experience Japanese Hair Straightening at Core Salon
- Is it Time for Extensions?
- Our Core Salon Mobile App Makes Life Easier
- What Does Your Hair Color Say About You?
- Fall Wedding Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Workout Hairstyles
- Should You Shape Your Brows?
- Cure Your Frizzy Hair with Cezanne
- Summer Makeup
- Let’s Talk about Your Scalp
- Summer Hair Care Guide
- Men’s Cuts for Summer
- Season Trending Hair Color
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends
- Updos for Formal Events
- Game Changing Hair Care Tips
- Try Our Mobile App!
- Updated Trends in Men’s Haircuts
- Wake up to Gorgeous Lashes
- Makeup Looks for 2019
- Keep Your Color Longer
- Gift Yourself a Healthy Scalp
- Hot Holiday Haircuts
- Trending Fall Hair Colors
- Fall Trends in Bridal Hairstyles
- Update Your Makeup For Fall
- Update Your Look With Extensions
- The Core Salon Mobile App
- Smooth Your Tresses with Cezanne
- The Benefits of Hair Color
- The Modern Perm
- Product Spotlight: Cezanne
- Let’s Talk Eyebrows!
- Summer Hair Color Forecast
- Keep Your Hair Color Vibrant This Summer
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Hot Makeup Trends for Summer 2018
- Brunettes Have Fun Too!
- Spotlight on: UNITE
- Ladies, Put Down The Box!
- Men, Update Your ‘Do
- Many Shades of Blonde
- Healthy Hair Begins with a Healthy Scalp
- Hair Trends for 2018 You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Win the Battle of Winter Frizz